How to block support staff using Minor Change Request form RRS feed

• Question

• We are running SCSM 2010. 

We are currently only using the Standard Change Request form for our CR's.  We also have created our own User Roles for our support staff to control who has access to various Tasks, Views, etc. that we don't use.

The problem I have is that when some of our support staff create Change Requests, they are able to use the Minor and Major Change Request forms to bypass the workflows we have set up for the Standard Change Request form.  This results in CR's sitting for several days without getting approvals because no one knew they were submitted.

All of the User Roles that we have set up do not allow any of those users to access these forms.  However, the End User role by default gives all Authenticated Users access to All Forms.  I think this is how the support analysts are able to get access to those forms. 

Since I can't change the End User role or supersede it with our own version, I can't figure out how to prevent people from using these forms when they run the Create Change Request task.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Chuck

Chuck Roy, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission

Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:18 PM

All replies

• You can create your own role based on End User profile and remove all users from standard EndUser role.

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Friday, January 18, 2013 9:26 AM