none
Training RRS feed

• Question

• Any plans regarding providing end user training for the Compliance product line?  Do you see any tie-in to the System Center product line which has a lot of MOF running through it.

Ted Dziekanowski 
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:22 AM

Answers

• We are actively working with both the MOF team and System Center to assess all potential tie-ins from both a training and automation perspective. The compliance product line is now being developed according to MOF personnel roles associated with a range of control activities. This could lead to specialized training, as well as automated scripts to assess technology's conformity to specific automatable controls through products such as System Center's Configuration Manager. A website will be published shortly that will allow you to participate in this development process. I will repost to this topic when it becomes available.

-JM, Microsoft
    Monday, December 1, 2008 6:09 PM
  • I think there are two audiences for the training.  One is fairly obvious.  People who install and manage the product need to understand the interdependecies between Uno and SCCM, SCOM and other tie in's to AD which might feed Uno as well of course as to how Uno works.  The other group might be auditors and risk managers who might use a seminar like course that will help them better manage the audit cycle and get a high level view of the solution.

Ted Dziekanowski
    CISA, CISSP, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCT
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 6:02 PM
  • I think a seminar would be a great idea.  Would a recorded/archived webcast be sufficient?

Would training be sufficient in the form of documentation to accompany any released product, or do you feel other avenues should be explored such as a MOF specialization track?

-JM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 11:50 PM

All replies

• We are actively working with both the MOF team and System Center to assess all potential tie-ins from both a training and automation perspective. The compliance product line is now being developed according to MOF personnel roles associated with a range of control activities. This could lead to specialized training, as well as automated scripts to assess technology's conformity to specific automatable controls through products such as System Center's Configuration Manager. A website will be published shortly that will allow you to participate in this development process. I will repost to this topic when it becomes available.

-JM, Microsoft
    Monday, December 1, 2008 6:09 PM
  • What training and integration with System Center would you like to see?

-JM
    Monday, December 1, 2008 9:57 PM
  • I think there are two audiences for the training.  One is fairly obvious.  People who install and manage the product need to understand the interdependecies between Uno and SCCM, SCOM and other tie in's to AD which might feed Uno as well of course as to how Uno works.  The other group might be auditors and risk managers who might use a seminar like course that will help them better manage the audit cycle and get a high level view of the solution.

Ted Dziekanowski
    CISA, CISSP, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCT
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 6:02 PM
  • I think a seminar would be a great idea.  Would a recorded/archived webcast be sufficient?

Would training be sufficient in the form of documentation to accompany any released product, or do you feel other avenues should be explored such as a MOF specialization track?

-JM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 11:50 PM
  • I did a presentation at an ISACA conference several years ago on AD and Exchange.  I think that kind of forum could fit the seminar structure very well.  Also conferences for CPA's and or IT risk managers could be good places to sell the product.  These decision makers often drive the purchase of risk management software.

I do think it is time for a compliance related Microsoft certification.   We have ITIL, PMP and other management related certs so why not a focus on compliance.  When I teach Exchange and SCCM my personal mission is to have people think beyond the deployment of the application and more about managing the risk that the product either remediates or introduces.

As to the product lines that one should master to get the Compliance Cert I think anything that supports the demonstration of IT governace and the management of risk would be fair.  I have a soft spot for Exchange since email is the riskiest application most organizations run.  SCCM and SCOM since those applications provide monitoring and management of system state and change.

My two cents anyway.  FYI I am going to the MCT Summit in Redmond in Jan.

Ted
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:00 AM
  • Ted, thanks for the great question.
    I wanted to loop back and see if there is anything else we can do to help you out with your training efforts.

Frank
    Frank
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:41 PM
  • Will the product be ready for this?  I'm thinking about submitting a proposal.

ISACA is pleased to announce its 37th annual International Conference, 19 – 22 July 2009, in Los Angeles, California, USA. In 2009, ISACA will be celebrating its 40th anniversary. The International Conference is in the city where it all began. Do not miss out on being part of this historic event as ISACA comes home for its birthday party!

The Program Committee has identified the specific streams for the conference and is looking for topic selections in the form of session proposals.  If you or someone you know would be interested in presenting one or more session topic, please review the attached Call for Papers document.  Complete the attached session proposal form and return it no later than 5 January 2009. Send completed session proposal forms via e-mail only to the above listed e-mail address.

Ted Dziekanowski

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:52 PM
  • Great question Ted.
    As it stands training is going to be an important part of our work. Currently we do not have anything concrete but can keep you up to date as details gel.
    Tie into System Center is in the works, and again as we get further along we will have information about the efforts posted on our connect site.

To join connect click
    here . After you have joined the program, bookmark the following link to return to the program site and get the latest information about upcoming events: https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=657.

Frank

Frank
    Monday, January 5, 2009 5:04 PM