FCS Management Console - Virus Trends RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, probably a simple query; I'm having a hard time figuring out how to determine virus trends using Forefront Client Security Management Console.

We have a FCS deployed on all computers in the domain and it has been working fine for quite a while. Recently we have been getting the same malware make it through and infect a number of our users and we are seeking to find any common trends between the infected computers or at least build a list of them for further investigation.

We are running Microsoft Forefront Client Security SP1, version 1.1.1710.90 on our server.

I've tried looking up ways to do this but can't find anything helpful. The linking between reports seems somewhat unintuitive and haven't really gotten anywhere on my own, any help is appreciated.

Friday, February 11, 2011 12:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

AFAIK, it's limited for us to determine virus trends using Forefront Client Security Management Console.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:14 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

AFAIK, it's limited for us to determine virus trends using Forefront Client Security Management Console.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:14 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:14 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, I thought I was getting somewhere when I found the "ThreatTrend" report in "Microsoft+Operations+Manager+Reporting%2fMicrosoft+Forefront+Client+Security" but I couldn't get the report to load.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:19 AM