Indexing Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• My Outlook 2010 refuses to search due to indexing issues. I have tried all the usual remedies available on line but none work. It would appear that indexing is turning itself on and of for no reason and cannot finish the index. ANy suggestions
    Monday, January 22, 2018 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

>> My Outlook 2010 refuses to search due to indexing issues.

How do you know it is related to indexing issues?

What’s your account type? If you are using Exchange account, do you have cached Exchange mode enabled?

Search issues could be caused by many reasons. Please first check indexing status via Search > Search Tool > Indexing Status. If the indexing is finished, it should be showed as follows. Please wait for a while if you have many items remaining to be indexed.

Besides, you could refer to the suggestions in this official articles and then check the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:13 AM
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:13 AM