none
Quotation marks added to file name when uploading image

Question

• Hi,

I keep getting the error message `Failed to validate file names.`when uploading a PNG. Azure appears to be adding quotation marks to the file name.

• Edited by generalsham Friday, December 7, 2018 7:21 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:58 PM

Answers

• There are two versions of Storage Explorer, The Web Portal(still in preview), you can test it by creating containers with a hyphen/underscore and you'll see the results. The installation(.exe) version is in full support for that scenario. 
    When creating using Rest API, SDK etc... all chars should be supported. Only web portal doesn't have the full functionality as of yet since it is still in preview.
    Friday, December 7, 2018 10:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please try this in a different browser to rule out any caching issues to see if that makes a difference? The quotations in the filename are added by design and should not cause this issue.

Friday, December 7, 2018 7:54 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Robrien-MSFT, I've tried a few different browsers and still have the same issue.
    Friday, December 7, 2018 6:09 PM
  • I was able to upload png with the same exact name. The issue is possibly the folder/container name you created: "Whats_new", in storage explorer in portal, it doesn't support that file name(including underscore or hyphens). I'd advise using the storage explorer exe to fix this issue for your upload: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/features/storage-explorer/
    Friday, December 7, 2018 6:52 PM
  • Perfect! That worked. Thanks Adam.
    Friday, December 7, 2018 7:21 PM
  • Could you please mark it as answer since it would help other community members ? :) 

Thanks,
    Friday, December 7, 2018 7:22 PM
  • What do you mean by use Storage Explorer to fix the issue? Are underscores supported in storage explorer?
    Will underscores be supported again in the future, or should we remove all underscores from all of our file and folder names?
    Friday, December 7, 2018 10:37 PM
  • There are two versions of Storage Explorer, The Web Portal(still in preview), you can test it by creating containers with a hyphen/underscore and you'll see the results. The installation(.exe) version is in full support for that scenario. 
    When creating using Rest API, SDK etc... all chars should be supported. Only web portal doesn't have the full functionality as of yet since it is still in preview.
    Friday, December 7, 2018 10:54 PM
  • Okay thank you for the information! We are now using Storage Explorer.
    Friday, December 7, 2018 11:58 PM