none
Journaling for e-mail disabled, still receiving journals for that user RRS feed

• Question

• i'm currently having an issue with an exchange 2010.

i've set up journaling rules for some users using the "hub transport" => "journal rules" 

but one user, that i didn't set any rules for, all his internal mails get forwarded to the e-mail i setup for journaling. 

i checked all the rules, mailbox journaling and so on but i cannot find any reason why these interal mails for that one user get journaled.

i've added a rule just for that user and disabled the rule to no succes. does anyone have any idea what i can do to further troubleshoot this issue?

Monday, June 20, 2016 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please post the following command for troubleshooting

Get-JournalRule

Check the journaling on database

Get-MailboxDatabase DB1 | fl JournalRecipient

Check mail forwarding for that mailbox.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:32 AM

All replies

• It's hard to say without knowing exactly and completely what you configured.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, June 20, 2016 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

Please post the following command for troubleshooting

Get-JournalRule

Check the journaling on database

Get-MailboxDatabase DB1 | fl JournalRecipient

Check mail forwarding for that mailbox.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:32 AM