none
Configure Operations Manager to send alerts via O365 Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure O365 Skype For Business as a notification channel from SCOM but having trouble getting it to successfully send notifications.

So far I have:

Created a user account in our internal AD (OMAlerts@domain.com.) in AD

Synced this user into O365 and allocated license

Confirmed that user is active in SfB admin Centre

Created a Run As Account in SCOM with these credentials & account type as Windows

Distributed this account to the primary SCOM Server

Updated the “Notification Account” Profile to use this run as account

Installed the Unified Comms Managed API (UCMA) 5.0 on the SCOM server

Followed Resolution Option 1 in the following article to resolve the mentioned error: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/System-Center/Unified-communication-Api-libraries-are-not-installed-on/td-p/48877

Configured the SCOM Notification Channel with the following settings:

IM Server: sip.domain.com (DNS C record created pointing to sipdir.online.lync.com)

Return Adress: sip:omalerts@domain.com

Protocol option: TLS

Authentication Method: NTLM

IM Port: 443

I am receiving the following error when SCOM tries to send a notification:

Notification subsystem failed to send notification using device/server 'sip.domain.com:443' over 'sip' protocol to 'sip:recipient.Address@domain.com'. Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.TlsFailureException: The target principal name is incorrect. Rule id: Subscriptionf2ea9806_12b7_4566_a800_19188faaf5ea

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi MTHughes1,

Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.TlsFailureException: The target principal name is incorrect

It occurs because you are connecting to the UC server using name that does not match certificate subject. 

Use the sipdir.online.lync.com and check if you can connect. 

• Proposed as answer by Adam Hulek Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:25 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2018 3:05 PM