none
Disable folder redirection not working as expected

Question

• I had a folder redirection GPO for the documents folder only which I am trying to disable now and I have the setting to copy the contents back to the local PC when the policy is removed and set it to "not configured". I made sure under the settings tab of that GPO that "grant the user exclusive rights to my documents" and "Move the contents of My Documents to the new location" were both checked off. 

On thew workstation, I have done a gpupdate /force many times to test it but I keep seeing event ID 510 “Folder redirection policy application has been delayed until the next logon because the group policy logon optimization is in effect” in the event viewer. It's been 24 hours.

The GPO is still there but it's set to not enabled however when I right click the users documents folder to check the properties, it still shows it's redirected to the server. Ideally I would like it to show the local documents path "C:\users\username\documents" etc... and have the contents copied back there like the setting says but for some reason it's not working. 

The two events I keep seeing on the workstation in the event viewer after I do a gpupdate /force are

1. Event ID 510 - Folder redirection policy application has been delayed until the next logon because the group policy logon optimization is in effect
    2. Event 1112 - The group policy client side extension folder redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before the system startup or user logon. The system will wait for group policy processing to finish completely before the next startup or logon for this user, and this may result in slow startup and boot performance

Keep in mind I have rebooted and logged off and back in over 20 times since I've set the policy to not configured but still the documents folder is redirected. Any suggestions?

• Edited by pstoric Thursday, January 01, 2015 4:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Keep in mind I have rebooted and logged off and back in over 20 times since I've set the policy to not configured but still the documents folder is redirected. Any suggestions?

According to the following KB article:  After you modify a GPO and enable the Redirect the folder back to the local userprofile location when policy is removed Group Policy setting, all users who you want to stop Folder Redirection must log off and then log on again.  This is to make sure  that  the updated GPO settings are applied before you stop Folder Redirection.

How to stop Folder Redirection in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows 2000 Server

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888203

Best regards,

Frank Shen

• Proposed as answer by IJSingh Friday, January 02, 2015 9:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Shen5Moderator Wednesday, January 07, 2015 8:37 AM
    Friday, January 02, 2015 8:20 AM