Mail storage has reached its maximum size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Our users who has access to a shared mailbox that is over 60GB is getting the error : Mail storage has reached its maximum size.

Mailbox itself has unlimited storage and also on database It self has unlimited storage.

Our users are using vPC on VMware.

Is this know issue or limit in this scenario?

Thanks!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

Our users who has access to a shared mailbox that is over 60GB is getting the error : Mail storage has reached its maximum size.

Mailbox itself has unlimited storage and also on database It self has unlimited storage.

Thanks!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

What version of Outlook are you using? Because Outlook 2010/2013 has a max limit of 50GB for ost/pst.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/832925/how-to-configure-the-size-limit-for-both-.pst-and-.ost-files-in-outlook

• Marked as answer by Off2work Monday, February 20, 2017 7:19 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

Thanks!

Is this error coming from OWA as well?

If only Outlook could be a .ost issue

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/832925/how-to-configure-the-size-limit-for-both-.pst-and-.ost-files-in-outlook

Blog:    Twitter:   

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Friday, February 17, 2017 5:31 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:04 PM
  • Hi Andy and thanks for reply. No error in OWA, only in Outlook. Since this is added as additional mailbox it is not cached from our side. Users personal .ost is far from that limit.

But the error message seems to be related to it, so will look and see if those reg keys will help

thanks for your prompt reply!

Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:22 PM
  • Hi all,

Thanks!

What version of Outlook are you using? Because Outlook 2010/2013 has a max limit of 50GB for ost/pst.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/832925/how-to-configure-the-size-limit-for-both-.pst-and-.ost-files-in-outlook

• Marked as answer by Off2work Monday, February 20, 2017 7:19 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 12:59 AM
  • Thanks Michael!

Monday, February 20, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Great to hear that you have got it.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 8:39 AM