none
What happened to IE 10 For Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• I know IE 10 will reach end of support in January 2016, but *today* it is still supported and we are not upgrading to IE 11 until near the end of 2015.

I notice I no longer see an option to install IE 10 to upgrade IE 8 when checking for updates online from a Windows 7 x64 system.

I also searched online and all the Microsoft IE 10 pages now redirect to IE 11 pages.

I finally found a download for IE 10 on the updates catalog site, downloaded and installed it, then went back to check for updates online again and Windows Updates still isn't offering any security updates to IE 10.  It still just keeps prompting to install IE 11.

Unless the IE 10 download from the catalog site slipstreamed all the updates into it during installation, the machine is missing a ton of security updates for IE 10.

What is going on with this??!!

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:50 AM

Answers

• Hi MyGposts,

"Last week I checked for updates and both IE 10 and IE 11 showed as available updates."
    Have you tried to use the Toolkit as I posted before ?

"I also checked the IE download sites and all the links for IE10 now redirect to IE11 download pages."
    Internet Explorer 11 is the latest version of Internet Explorer browser and it is always recommended to use the latest version .The latest version will offer us more features and our engineers are trying their best to make it better and better though the latest version may include blemish.  
    If we want to keep using Internet Explorer 10 ,we could download it from the Microsoft Catalog as you stated before .We could use the toolkit as I posted before to protect the update of Internet Explorer 11 from downloading from the Windows update. For more information of this toolkit ,there is a html file included in the toolkit package.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 13, 2015 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hi MyGposts,

What is the present Internet Explorer version installed in the machine ?
    " It still just keeps prompting to install IE 11."
    There is a tool can be used to disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 11,we can have a try.
    Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 11
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=40722

After installing the Internet Explorer 10 ,we can manually check for updates to ensure both the machine and Internet Explorer 10 have got the latest updates .

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 10, 2015 7:18 AM
  • It had IE 8 installed.

Last week I checked for updates and both IE 10 and IE 11 showed as available updates.

This week I checked with another computer with IE 8 and now only IE 11 shows as available.

I also checked the IE download sites and all the links for IE10 now redirect to IE11 download pages.

Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:38 AM
  • Hi MyGposts,

"Last week I checked for updates and both IE 10 and IE 11 showed as available updates."
    Have you tried to use the Toolkit as I posted before ?

"I also checked the IE download sites and all the links for IE10 now redirect to IE11 download pages."
    Internet Explorer 11 is the latest version of Internet Explorer browser and it is always recommended to use the latest version .The latest version will offer us more features and our engineers are trying their best to make it better and better though the latest version may include blemish.  
    If we want to keep using Internet Explorer 10 ,we could download it from the Microsoft Catalog as you stated before .We could use the toolkit as I posted before to protect the update of Internet Explorer 11 from downloading from the Windows update. For more information of this toolkit ,there is a html file included in the toolkit package.

Best regards

Monday, April 13, 2015 2:57 AM