Sound Problem in FSX (DirectSound and Hardware Acceleration??) RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings all,

I'm having some sound  issues in Flight Simulation X, some sounds are not playing, or some sounds act weird in instant replay, some sound like CockpitFan i can hear when i'm in a far away view in Instant Replay, some glitchy weird noise when flyby, i bought a sound set from TSS for the Acceleration F/A-18, and now when i touch down, i get no wheel nosie, but some kinda weird noise. I've been doing lots of readings since yesterday and ended up pointing to a solution from people having that problem, and even on Microsoft website with that trick, to lower the slider, or disable Hardware Acceleration in Dxdiag, but, in Windows XP, and most of the problem were the DirectSound, but since i am on Vista i have no way to disable that, and i am using my motherboard's (Asus M3A78-EMH HDMI) onboard Realtek soundcard, so no possible stuff to do with OpenAl, since no implemented native compability.

Anyone has some advice to fix that on Vista, with any SoundCard?

I don't even know exactly where to post for this, so i'm taking forums i can imagine would be appropriate. :(

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:01 PM

All replies