widows 7 pro 64 bit freezes/ hangs for no reason cannot surf net only works in safe mode sometimes RRS feed

• Question

• Dear microsoft

I hope you have an answer for this  I have a new dell vostro 330 all in one for work I got it approx 60 days ago.
    unpacked it and set it up loading my email (mozilla) and office 2010 for the next couple of weeks it would randomly freeze up  at various times without anything indicating it was about to occur.
    over the last two weeks it has frozon up and or hung about two hundred times!!!!!! i've had to do more hard resets  
     than I dare to count!!!!
    i have no high end or fancy hardware or any fancy video cards.
    just in the time i am writing (FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER) this I am on the fifth hard reset since I got at work at 9:00am it is now 9:30am
    WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!
    I tried a hotfix  and that did not take
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

First, please verify if the computer model is compatible with Windows 7. I notice the computer works in Safe Mode sometimes. It can be caused by infection, third party software confliction or incorrect driver.

Please use your security software to scan the computer to ensure it is clean firs.t Then update all possible devices driver from Dell website manually, uninstall third party software, disable your security software temporarily and perform clean boot.

You can open task manager and monitor which process takes a lot of CPU. Also, check the logs in Event Viewer.

Best Regards,

Niki

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:05 AM
  • I've tried  practically every thing that has been suggested within this forum and other sources and I am at a loss that even MS windows 7 profrssional OS designers are obviously stumped !!! as to what is causing this issue.

clean installs clean boots etc etc

and the only thing I can figure it is either a intel chip problem alone or a OS,hard drive and chip problem.

when the system is idle the cpu is @ 1% and the ram use is at 40%

Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Hi,

To verify whether it is a OS issue or hardware issue, you can capture the current OS image, then deploy to virtual PC or another PC. If the system still crashes, the issue should be related to OS.

Preparing an Image Using Sysprep and ImageX

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee530017

Dependencies of ImageX

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744298(WS.10).aspx#DependenciesOfImageX

ImageX Command-Line Options

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749447(WS.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Niki

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, December 26, 2011 2:45 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 10:11 AM