Cannot run the cmdlet: "Grant-CsConferencingPolicy" because it is restricted for the user service plan: MCOEV,MCOMEETADD,MCOProfessional and country: CA combination. - Skype Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am running the following command for one of my Skype online users. The user has Office 365 E5 license assigned.
    But when I run the following command, I get error.

Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -PolicyName Tag:BposIIMPOnlyNoRec -Identity user55448@testdomain334der.onmicrosoft.com
    Cannot run the cmdlet: "Grant-CsConferencingPolicy" because it is restricted for the user service plan: MCOEV,MCOMEETADD,MCOProfessional and country: CA combination.
        + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (Grant-CsConferencingPolicy:String) [Grant-CsConferencingPolicy], UnauthorizedAccessException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnAuthorized,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.AssignCSConferencingPolicyCmdlet
        + PSComputerName        : adminca1.online.lync.com

Please guide. 

Rizwan Ahmed. Software Engineer - Microsoft Lync | Exchange | SharePoint | Blackberry Enterprise Server | .NET

• Edited by itsrizi Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:26 PM title
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:26 PM

Answers

• I have figured out that Grant-CsConferencingPolicy will grant policies to user which are applicable to the specific user according to licenses assigned.

So for that, first you have to get conferencing policies which are applicable to the user using the following command.

Get-CsConferencingPolicy -ApplicableTo exampleuser@exampledomain.com

No when you would grant the policies returned by above command, it will not give you error (as happened in my case).

Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -PolicyName Tag:PolicyNameApplicableToThisUser -Identity exampleuser@exampledomain.com

Regards,

Rizwan Ahmed. Software Engineer - Microsoft Lync | Exchange | SharePoint | Blackberry Enterprise Server | .NET

• Marked as answer by itsrizi Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:09 AM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi itsrizi,

To this issue, we suggest you post this case to Office 365 forum because we don’t sure if user need to extra license for user account, although user account has been have Office 365 E5 license.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_sfbonline

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:14 AM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:13 AM
  • I have figured out that Grant-CsConferencingPolicy will grant policies to user which are applicable to the specific user according to licenses assigned.

So for that, first you have to get conferencing policies which are applicable to the user using the following command.

Get-CsConferencingPolicy -ApplicableTo exampleuser@exampledomain.com

No when you would grant the policies returned by above command, it will not give you error (as happened in my case).

Grant-CsConferencingPolicy -PolicyName Tag:PolicyNameApplicableToThisUser -Identity exampleuser@exampledomain.com

Regards,

• Marked as answer by itsrizi Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:09 AM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Hi irsrizi,

Thanks for your back and share solution with us, it will help someone who has similar issue could find solution in this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:28 AM
  • Was an eventual solution found???

Its 2019 now, and we are having the same issue in our Skype Online.  When I ran the command to find what applicable policies were assigned to a user, I got an empty reponse, meaning, no policies were assigned to me.  My larger question is Why this suddenly started happening.

Thanks,

Pari

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:08 PM