none
DPM 2010 The data copy job failed for the following reason: (ID: 3310) (ID: 2001) RRS feed

• Question

• Using DPM 2010 with a Dell ML6020 Tape Library with 3 LTO4 drives.  When copying to tape for long term protection we have one job that reports the error The data copy job failed for the following reason: (ID: 3310) (ID: 2001)

The other jobs that run complete the copy with out issue.  We have free drives and enough tapes that the job should be able to complete with out issue.  Does appear that the job consistantly fails at the same place failing twice at 832,571.44MB and once at 832,571.50MB (close enough to be the same place) - total amount of data to be backed up is 3.24TB.

Any assistance how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Friday, April 15, 2011 7:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm having the same issue. The short term jobs work fine. But the long terms keep kicking out that exact error.

Any idea would be helpful

Monday, April 18, 2011 4:19 PM
  • I'm having the same issue. The short term jobs work fine. But the long terms keep kicking out that exact error.

Any idea would be helpful

Just out of interest Jacobs1862, are you getting the failure point of long terms at the same backup point/data written each time?
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:39 PM
  • I'm always getting the error on Friday's when it is supposed to do the long term weekly backup. As far as I can see DPM wants to make a copy of tape it runs on thursday. We have just one stand alone tape drive so its impossible to copy tapes. It seems to me that it is a severe design flaw.  It seems to me that if we want to make a weekly tape, that the system just write the tape it does for monday through thursday. I'm starting to get really frustrated with DPM. I have an old backup exec that runs on our novell server which has no problem run backups. Either I'm not getting it or there's a real flaw in DPM. We can't justify buying an other tape drive just to do long term backups so I don't know what to do.
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

Same issue here. No trouble for short (daily), but for long (month) not work. I'm using standalone tape.

Monday, May 9, 2011 7:21 PM
  • If you have both ST tape and LT tape recovery goals configured, then you need two tape drives for tape copy to work.  That is noted when you go though the protect group wizad. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:31 AM
  • So you mean to say if i have to take a long term backup using tape library i should have two drives in it , is that so ..... actually m using IBM TS3100 Tape library which have 24 cartriadge. Nyway so what what might be the solution for it ..? Should i take a short term tape backup or what.!!!! And i also want to know that will the backup automatic choose the cartriadge for the schedule backing up purppose..

Very very thanks in advance....

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Hello.

I am having this issue with a IBM TS3100 library and DPM 2010. I'm getting the error since some protection groups were created.

Do you solve it? I need help!

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:42 PM