Labtop BLUESCREEN/Msn virus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, please reply this message as i really need help desperately for my labtop. I have purchased my current laptop during febuary and have encountered 3 bluescreens in total. The first bluescreen happened when i was surfing google for my assignment materials and the 2nd and 3rd happened when i was using microsoft word to do my assignment. Do u have any idea on how to resolve these bluescreen problems? 

Just only yesterday, i receive a msn messeage from my fren with a link on it. I clicked on the link but it just went to some unknown website. After exiting that page, my msn seems to be infected with virus as the msn chatbox with my friends online keep appearing. From what i have seen, the chatbox just pop out and pop off repeatly and the unknown website link is sent to my friends whom are online. This is very troublesome for me as i cant seem to type any message when the chatbox keeps popping out and off.

I hope there will be a reply from anyone whom is capable to deal with these type of problems. Please do reply if u know how to deal with these problems. Your help will be much appreciated.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hi creamiecaramel,

I would recommend that you install and update anti-virus\security software. Also, be sure to run Windows Update and reboot when necessary.

Get Microsoft Security Essentials here: http://www.microsoft.com/security/products/mse.aspx  It's free and it works. Uninstall any other security products first that you have as they didn't work. Start=>Control Panel=>Programs=>Uninstall a program and select the existing security programs.

Choose to allow a full scan after updates during the final installation process. You'll see a message.

If that doesn't help a reinstallation of Windows 7 will be needed. Do you have the installation DVD?

Regarding the previous bluescreens, deal with those as they occur. Your computer manufacturer can assist on those or post here when they happen again. 

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Tuesday, August 3, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:48 AM