none
Almost there Part2... Drive Mapping works on XP but not on Windows 7. No home directories on either. RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks to help from this forum and TechNet I have UAG setup with DA, SharePoint, FileAccess, Remote Access, RDP (Although the 64 bit thing sucks), and Drive Mapping except for Windows 7 clients and the Home Directories I can't seem to get to map.

I have configured File Access and it works great and I have set it to map home drives based on Active Directory.  But it doesn't appear to work as I don't see home directories getting mapped.  I don't have anything entered in the script engine, does it need something in there?  I was thinking it would just map using the same drive letter and UNC path specified in AD for the user. 

I created a map drive setup and map drive app and after running the setup on a XP client and rebooting the map drive works as expected and it can map to the path defined, but if I click on the same map drive on a Windows 7 client it doesn't work i see a DOS screen that says disconnecting X Drive which doesn\t exist and then connecting to \\XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX\Data but it can't find the path.   I can get it to work on Windows 7 if I make remote access a pre-req of map drive.  So to me it appears on Windows 7 it isn't opening the tunnel to be able to see the internal network.  What could be causing this.  Over the last couple weeks I must have read the TechNet Instructions 50 times for map drive and file access.   

Friday, February 5, 2010 12:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

By default, drive mapping does not support Vista or Windows 7.

I believe it is technically possible to get it working, but you will need to manually amend the templates to achieve this...

Cheers

JJ
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, February 5, 2010 8:09 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

By default, drive mapping does not support Vista or Windows 7.

I believe it is technically possible to get it working, but you will need to manually amend the templates to achieve this...

Cheers

JJ
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, February 5, 2010 8:09 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 9:22 AM
  • Well that explains why it doesn't work then 
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 1:18 AM