Mailbox ACL RRS feed

• Question

• I have got exchange system tools and exchange read-only admin rights. In ad users and computers I can select a user, view their properties and click on the exchange advanced tab and click "mailbox rights". There are several entires in the ACL, one includes the "everyone" group, which has a grey tick in the "read" permission. Does that mean "everyone" can read each others mailbox? On a file server if everyone group is granted read and execute that seems enough to be able to view and copy files.

This is exchange 2003.

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:04 AM

Answers

• On Fri, 20 May 2011 09:04:17 +0000, cf090 wrote:

>I have got exchange system tools and exchange read-only admin rights. In ad users and computers I can select a user, view their properties and click on the exchange advanced tab and click "mailbox rights". There are several entires in the ACL, one includes the "everyone" group, which has a grey tick in the "read" permission. Does that mean "everyone" can read each others mailbox?

No, it means that Everyone is allowed to read the permissions.

>On a file server if everyone group is granted read and execute that seems enough to be able to view and copy files.

This isn't a file server . :-)

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by cf090 Monday, May 23, 2011 8:01 AM
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:07 AM