No video in Skype for Business and XtremeRGB-Sx1 capture card RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I use an XtremeRGB-Sx1 capture card as video source for Skype for Business.

In options -> Video Device it can be selected and shows a video all right.

But when I start a video call a square is shown with “Start my video”, and a spinning dots cursor, but it never starts a video:

In Lync 2010 and in other media players it works fine.

It looks like some kind of codec is missing in SfB.

The XtremeRGB produces a Raw uncompressed 1920x1080@25Hz signal.

Anybody have a clue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Johan

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Johan,

Welcome to our forum.

Did this issue occur to all users?

When video is shown in Option->Video device, it means the XtremeRGB-Sx1 capture card is working very well. So we suggest you do the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. Use different PC with this specific account to have a test
    2. Use other account on this specific PC to have a try
    3. Update SFB client to the latest
    4. If this issue occur on this specific PC, please do a  clean boot on this PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    5. Repair Office by Control Pane
    6. Re-install SFB client

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestions are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Monday, October 31, 2016 6:12 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:22 AM
  • Hi 

Verify the Settings as well and see whether you see the video showing up there, since it has recognized the device , we might need to check  with another pc as well. Create a new profile for  the SFB and then observe the behavior.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:11 AM
  • Hi Jim Xu,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my late reaction.

1. We have 3 PCs who all have the same issue
    2. I tried several accounts, but no difference
    3. I have installed a fresh downloaded Office 2016 including SfB. SfB version is now: 16.0.6701.1041 32bit
    4. Also tried clean boot

Still the same: no video in a meeting, but no problem in Video Device Settings.

In Lync it works fine. Any idea what can be the difference in the way they display video?

Kind regards, Johan

Friday, October 21, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Hi Akampa,

Thanks for your reply.

I do have video in Video device settings.

I also used different Windows accounts, guess they have different SfB profiles too.

Kind regards, Johan

Friday, October 21, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. Since the device wont comply with the the supported ones that MS has listed , its difficult to get support  for that as well. Did you try with Lync 2013 Version of the client is that showing up fine? Did you get a chance to try in a different machine/OS as well.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, October 21, 2016 2:03 PM
  • We don't have Lync 2013. It also in a production environment, so experimenting is a bit difficult.

We have three identical machines with basically the same Windows 7 image. All have the same issue.

In VLC it only works till version 2.1.0. When updated to a newer version it also does not work anymore.

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:13 PM
  • Hi jogi,

Although it could be worked in Options, we suggest you update the driver for video card to have a try.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 31, 2016 6:29 AM
  • Hi Jim,

All drivers are up-to-date.

At the moment a Microsoft engineer is investigating the issue.

Thanks for your help sofar!

Best Regards, Johan

Monday, November 21, 2016 1:44 PM
  • Dear all.

I am sorry for reopening an old thread, but I am desperate to find a solution to this problem. This is the only place I have been able to find where this issue is mentioned.

Did you ever find a solution?

Best regards,

Jesper

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:13 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply.

No, we never solved it. We just kept using Lync...

Regards, Johan

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:20 AM