none
Resource Caching issue & Costing Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my PWA Resource Centre I have assigned a cost rate per hour to each of my consultant resources.  I uploaded a project managers project and built a resource pool from enterprise removing any old resources that were used by my PM in previous projects.

Now when I look at my "Resource Cost Overview" report it shows all previous resources my project manager has ever used and not my resources from my enterprise resource pool that are actually assigned to the project tasks. 

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks,

Gill

Monday, May 12, 2014 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Gill,

Did you publish the project?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, May 12, 2014 7:17 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Yes, I published the project.  I still get the same but when I open it up in Excel I can filter to the right resources.  Is there any way to remove the old resources that are not being used in this project?

Thanks for the help!

Gill

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Hi Gil,

Do you have any actual for those resources? In case you do, you won't be able to delete those resources from the plan. In case you don't, just remove the resources from their assignments, delete them from the resource sheet view then save and publish the project plan.

If the publish job is successful (no error message in the queue), you should not see them again.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

No the resources aren't assigned to anything. I'll try your suggestions though, thank you again for your help! :)

Gill

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:53 AM
  • How did you remove the old resources from the project?  Delete from the Resource Sheet or simply take them off the assignments?

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Thursday, May 15, 2014 11:42 AM