none
Custom Task field (Enterprise) used on Assignment level RRS feed

• Question

• I need to provide report for three sponsors (Funding Source): Internal, Bank A and Bank B. And they want to see who funds what, when and how much.

For example:

First, I have Custom Task field (Enterprise) “Funding Source” based on lookup table that that has following values:

Level 1: Internal;

Level 1: External; Level 2: Bank A; Level 2: Bank B

Second, Project A has only one work package and two tasks (Task 1 and Task 2). Both tasks have following resources John Smith, Food and Drink. John Smith is always funded from Internal funding source. Food and Drink on Task 1 is funded by Bank A, and Food and Drink on Task 2 is funded by Bank B.

But when I make Cube with Cost and Custom Task field (Enterprise) “Funding Source” pivot table shows NULL

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

Have you added the assignment level field to the cube configuration? On the cube configuration page, change to the Assignment cube, you should see the Funding Source_T_Assignment field. Add that to the cube config if it isn't already. Build the cube, create a new report, use the Funding Source_T_Assignment dimension in the report.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:25 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Have you added the assignment level field to the cube configuration? On the cube configuration page, change to the Assignment cube, you should see the Funding Source_T_Assignment field. Add that to the cube config if it isn't already. Build the cube, create a new report, use the Funding Source_T_Assignment dimension in the report.

Thanks

Paul

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:25 PM
  • Hi PWMather,

I do not have Funding Source_T_Assignment field when I try to make Visual report directly from Project Professional 2010 (Project/Visual Reports/New Template/ 1. Application Type: Excel 2. Data Type: Assignment Usage/ Field picker: but there is now Funding Source_T_Assignment, only Funding Source Task (Enterprise).

If I understood you well, the only way to add Funding Source_T_Assignmen field is this one: Server Settings/OLAP Database Management and there add Assignment dimension Funding Source_T_Assignmen  to one of the existing Databases. But that Cube is used in BI so Visual reports made directly from Project Professional cannot make report that I want L

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:17 AM
  • Hi there,

Sorry, I wrongly assumed that you were using the Project Server OLAP cube rather than the Visual Reports. As you have seen, the Assignment level Funding field is available in the OLAP cube but not the visual reports. :(

Paul

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:59 AM