Workdays left on project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I am a sharepoint novice. Using Sharepoint 3.0

In Excel I can calculate the number of workdays left between 2 dates. =NETWORKDAYS(Todays date,Project end Date)-2

the -2 represents non-working holidays.

Is there a way to create a webpart on a sharepoint page to do what I do in Excel?

If possible please provide detailed instructions how to create.

Thank you

Eric

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 26, 2011 8:23 AM admin q not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

The formula is used to a calculated column in a list, you can display a list in a web part within a page.

For excluding 2 days for holidays, you can “-2” in the last 2 parameters like this,

=IF(AND((WEEKDAY([End Date],2))<(WEEKDAY([Start Date],2)),((WEEKDAY([Start Date],2))-(WEEKDAY([End Date],2)))>1),((((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1))-(FLOOR((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1)/7,1)*2)-2)-2),((((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1))-(FLOOR((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1)/7,1)*2))-2))

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:29 AM

All replies

• HI,

Excel Networkdays function implementation in sharepoint realted question is already postedin MS Technet forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/d71cb2b8-72f7-4b9f-a5c9-7c08a9ccf6c9/

Refer this url, this will help you.

Regards

Friday, August 26, 2011 5:01 AM
  • Thanks Nehruraj.

I think I can use this formula that I found from your previous link post.

SharePoint NETWORKDAYS Formula (for Start and End dates that are Week days)
    =IF(AND((WEEKDAY([End Date],2))<(WEEKDAY([Start Date],2)),((WEEKDAY([Start Date],2))-(WEEKDAY([End Date],2)))>1),(((DATEDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1))-(FLOOR((DATEDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1)/7,1)*2)-2),(((DATEDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1))-(FLOOR((DATEDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1)/7,1)*2)))

How do I exclude a certain number of company holidays in the formula?

Can I paste this code into a webpart? In the link from above they talk about adding a column. I am a novice sharepoint user.

Thank you

Eric

Friday, August 26, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Hi Eric,

The formula is used to a calculated column in a list, you can display a list in a web part within a page.

For excluding 2 days for holidays, you can “-2” in the last 2 parameters like this,

=IF(AND((WEEKDAY([End Date],2))<(WEEKDAY([Start Date],2)),((WEEKDAY([Start Date],2))-(WEEKDAY([End Date],2)))>1),((((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1))-(FLOOR((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1)/7,1)*2)-2)-2),((((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1))-(FLOOR((DateDIF([Start Date],[End Date],"D")+1)/7,1)*2))-2))

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:29 AM