none
How to add departments in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• This should be a super easy, straight-forward question. I'm new to Project Server, so forgive my ignorance. How do I add a department in PWA? I have a new installation with no departments yet, and I'd like to try organizing some content that way. I've checked the help files and run several web searches, and no one seems to tell how to do this. (That's probably because it's so basic.) Help is appreciated!
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm using Project Server 2010.
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:10 PM
  • Settings - Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables - look for a lookup table called Department and edit it.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:12 PM
  • Got it. I knew that would be easy! Thanks!
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:33 PM
  • Hi Animit,

I just posted a question similar to yours. What do you mean by departments? Departments within a same organization or company using subsites under a single PWA? This might also help my query.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:16 AM
  • I'm sorry rj_squirrel. I wasn't alerted when you posted for some reason, and I just saw your question. I hope you got your answer by now, but departments help you organize some info in Project Web App, so users are not overwhelmed by large amounts of content. For instance you can filter business drivers and prioritizations by department. Normally, departments in PWA would reflect departments in your organization. They are most useful when you will have large numbers of users in Project Server.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:39 PM
  • Thanks for the explanation Animit. Your answer is still helpful to understand how it works. 
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 11:58 PM
  • Good morning animit. I have the same question/issue.  I have multiple departments I want to create so if I edit this one, how will i be able to have multiple selections.

Michael K. Tyson

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 12:48 PM