Windows 10 build 10049 Neorouter and ManyCam RRS feed

• Question

• Neorouter Pro VPN does not work, app seems to assign Ip address OK but none of the machines are accessible. 

Virtual camera and virtual microphone do not work in ManyCam.

Jim R Vaughan

• Edited by Jim Vaughan Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:38 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

Yes, there is some problems in network part in Windows 10 build 10049, see:

No access to Internet Protocol (v4 or v6) in 10049

"

This is a known issue in 10049.  The button is greyed out, and there's no easy way to get it back.  This is NOT how the product will ship; we'll bring the button back as soon as possible.

If you need to set static IP address on build 10049, you can use the New-NetIPAddress cmdlet, or the netsh utility.

I'm sorry for the trouble this causes you.  We don't mess with things without a good reason.  In this case, we re-worked some plumbing so that installing network drivers is more reliable, and can be done offline into a VHD.  Unfortunately that means we had to temporarily disable the IPv4 and IPv6 properties GUIs, since they weren't ready to work in the new engine yet.

"

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 6, 2015 2:56 AM

All replies

• JV

VPN/Virtual machines are broken in 10049.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:00 PM
  • Hi Jim,

If you are referring to any 3rd-party software, it is recommended to seek help at the manufacturer side.

For Windows 10 build 10049, please check the blog below for the known issues:

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 3, 2015 3:12 AM
  • I rolled back to 10041 which fixes the issue, therefore it's a problem with Windows 10 not the third party software. 

Jim R Vaughan

Friday, April 3, 2015 6:21 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Yes, there is some problems in network part in Windows 10 build 10049, see:

No access to Internet Protocol (v4 or v6) in 10049

"

This is a known issue in 10049.  The button is greyed out, and there's no easy way to get it back.  This is NOT how the product will ship; we'll bring the button back as soon as possible.

If you need to set static IP address on build 10049, you can use the New-NetIPAddress cmdlet, or the netsh utility.

I'm sorry for the trouble this causes you.  We don't mess with things without a good reason.  In this case, we re-worked some plumbing so that installing network drivers is more reliable, and can be done offline into a VHD.  Unfortunately that means we had to temporarily disable the IPv4 and IPv6 properties GUIs, since they weren't ready to work in the new engine yet.

"

Best regards

Monday, April 6, 2015 2:56 AM
  • Oh, that explains many things.

I have FortiNet FortiClient SSLVPN v4.0.2250, which no longer connects (stuck at 98%) in 10049. It looks like 10049 can't work with PPPoP WAN Adapter. When I uninstalled it, and reinstalled the FortiClient, PPPoP WAN Adapter won't install at all.

Monday, April 6, 2015 10:18 AM