none
Power BI and SharePoint List in Project Web App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to connect "Risks" list in Project web App to Power BI. If I select dropdown in the category column, it is showing all data in Power BI, however if I choose "checkboxes" with multiple selection for any column like status or category, I am unable to see the column details when connected to Power BI. Any insights if this is limitation?

Thank You

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hello,

By default Status and Category are single select dropdowns, changing these default columns on the Issues and Riks lists will cause sync issues in the Project Online queue and will will find data not syncing the the OData API. That aside, what you are seeing is that the SharePoint REST API returns an array for the multi select choice fields. You need to extract the values. In the Power Query Editor those column headers will show a double ended arrow, click that and click Extract Values. Select the delimiter that you want such as comma and click OK. You will now see the values.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi NP2017,

Any chance of a screen shot as I'm afraid I don't understand the reference to "checkboxes" in the context you have presented.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:16 PM
  • Hello,

By default Status and Category are single select dropdowns, changing these default columns on the Issues and Riks lists will cause sync issues in the Project Online queue and will will find data not syncing the the OData API. That aside, what you are seeing is that the SharePoint REST API returns an array for the multi select choice fields. You need to extract the values. In the Power Query Editor those column headers will show a double ended arrow, click that and click Extract Values. Select the delimiter that you want such as comma and click OK. You will now see the values.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:04 PM