Auto LogOff Works... Too Well RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am currently trying to set up a computer to use as a replacement for Deep Freeze in a Library setting. The computer is currently set up to boot directly in to the "Library" profile. I set the timer to Auto Log Off if Idle for 15 minutes.

My problem is that the idle timer starts as soon as the computer boots up. I am looking to emulate Deep Freeze in the fact that the Idle timer starts as soon as the mouse moves or a key is pressed. Is this possible?

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 1:23 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, instead of "starts as soon as the computer boots up", I consider it should be starts as soon as the user logs in. When the user logs in, session timer starts to count the time remaining. This is by design and we are not able to modify this in SteadyState. Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:20 AM

All replies

•  

gonna bump this
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 7:10 PM
  •  

Hi, instead of "starts as soon as the computer boots up", I consider it should be starts as soon as the user logs in. When the user logs in, session timer starts to count the time remaining. This is by design and we are not able to modify this in SteadyState. Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:20 AM