Error intergrating Sfb and Exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• used this technet (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34088.im-integration-in-owa-exchange-2016-skype-for-business-2015.aspx) to get OWA integrated with Skype for business. I doing a migration from Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2016, so I have mixed environment right now. Owa and Exc 2013 is working fine, now I was trying to get OWA and Exchange 2016 to work. The issue is that I ran this command

( New-SettingOverride -Name "IM Override"  -Component OwaServer -Section IMSettings -Parameters @("IMServerName=fe.cloudexchangers.com.contoso.com","IMCertificateThumbprint=73AF7BE897B987787BF7625527BFF95AEB5A3FB0") -Reason "Configure IM" -Server MBX01)

on server1 (MBX01, exchange 2016) and everything went fine and the users this server can use Sfb from OWA.

I ran the command on server2 (MBX02, exchange 2016) changing the -server parameter to -Server MBX02 and I get an error below and can't get the intergration to work

Active Directory operation failed on dc.company.local. The object 'CN=IM Override,CN=Setting Overrides,CN=Global
    Settings,CN=company,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=company,DC=local' already exists.
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-SettingOverride], ADObjectAlreadyExistsException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=mbx02,RequestId=c1019fa5-cf4d-4290-a179-7a572d3759c0,TimeStamp=6/16/2017 4
       :51:58 AM] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-ADObjectAlreadyExistsException] F414ED51,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemCo
      nfigurationTasks.ConfigurationSettings.NewSettingOverride
        + PSComputerName        : mbx02.comapny.local

So can ran the same command for all exchange 2016 server ?

Friday, June 16, 2017 6:54 AM

Answers

• Ok, got it working No problem

• Marked as answer by petro_jemes Monday, June 19, 2017 4:28 AM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 4:28 AM
  • What I did was to delete the "IM Override" Using ADSI edit and ran the command again but this time not specifying the server parameter
    • Marked as answer by petro_jemes Monday, June 19, 2017 6:20 AM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 6:15 AM

All replies

• Ok, got it working No problem

• Marked as answer by petro_jemes Monday, June 19, 2017 4:28 AM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Hi Petro_jemes,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

If possible, could you please share your solution in our forum, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 6:12 AM
  • What I did was to delete the "IM Override" Using ADSI edit and ran the command again but this time not specifying the server parameter
    • Marked as answer by petro_jemes Monday, June 19, 2017 6:20 AM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 6:15 AM
  • Thanks for your sharing

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 6:19 AM
  • If you run below command, you will not get the error,

New-SettingOverride -Name '<Description>' -Server <Server/Wildcard> -Component OwaServer -Section IMSettings -Parameters @("IMServerName=<Server/Pool FQDN>","IMCertificateThumbprint=<Certificate Thumbprint>") -Reason "<Reason>" -MinVersion "<Minimum Version To Apply To>" -MaxVersion "Maximum Version to Apply To"
    Get-ExchangeDiagnosticInfo -Process Microsoft.Exchange.Directory.TopologyService -Component

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:38 AM