SharePoint configuration Failed RRS feed

• Question

• My system is server 2008 R2 and the version of SharePoint is MOSS2007.

On the configuration step 2. It is over soon and I get a message-box like this:

Configuration Failed

One or more configuration setting failed.Completed configuration setting will not be rolled back.Resolve the problem and run this configuration wizard again. The following contains detailed information about the failure:

Failed to create the configuration database.

An exception of type Microsoft. SharePoint.Upgrade.SUpgradeException was thrown. Additional exception information: One or more types failed to load. Please refer to the upgrade log for more details.

The log file is too long. I can't to copy it on the body. Who can help me to solve the problem. I have look for the answer through the internet on days and try many ways, but it does't work. I still can not pass the configuration setup and get the same dialog.

I am sure the Sql Server 2008 Configuration is correct. Because I have used another machine to config the SharePoint environment, it was going well. But my local machine failed. Who can tell me how to solve the problem.

One day a small demo!
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Christopher,

Below is the Kb article which talks about

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944267"How to troubleshoot common errors that occur when you run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard on a computer that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or SharePoint Server 2007"

Also check if the port 1433 is open to communicate with your sql server from the spmachine

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156468.aspx

check withyour account have the following permissions:
    DBCreator DBSecurity

Do you make use of an alias or direct servername? Or you using SQL Server instances?

Thanks,

Raj

• Proposed as answer by Rashu,Rahul Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:18 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:12 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hi Veera,

I am glad you can pay attention to my problem.  I have saw Kb article link which you give me. I have found no solution about the problem I have. The database SQL Server2008 is a remote machine and I am sure that that database config has no problem. Because I did a test before. I used a new SharePoint machine to config the database on the remote machine. It went well. Configuration is very smooth. The permission of my on the remote machine is the database administrator. So I have the permission of creating a database. I use the default instances of the SQL Server 2008 database.  So I am sure the problem is not because missing the instance of the database. At the first time I think the OS I used case the problem. But it doesn't. I use a new machine with the new OS. The configuration goes well. So it must be I change something on my computer. Maybe I re Install the OS may solve the problem. But  I really want to know what is causing the problem exactly?

One day a small demo!
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:09 AM