none
Prerequisite to upgrade SQL 2012 to SQL 2014 in SharePoint farm

Question

• Hi 

We are having SharePoint 2013 farm were we are planning to upgrade SQL 2012 to SQL 2014, We would like to know Prerequisite  to be checked and post upgrade validation items in SharePoint perspective. Can some one share your ideas or any article please.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:56 PM

All replies

• Please do note that SharePoint 2013 workflow farm needs SQL server 2012 for keeping databases. You have to keep one 2012 instance for this purpose.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers and upvote them if they help. Thanks & Regards, Balu

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:51 PM
  • Thank you for the response,

Correct me if I am wrong,

As you said if any workflow configured in our existing farm that should require SQL server 2012 instance, isn’t it? Will workflow work without any issue after upgradation? It would be more helpful if I get any other parameters that I should check before and after upgradation.

Regards

Mani

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Workflow Manager does support SQL 2014 when used with SharePoint only given you have CU3 installed. You need to make sure you're at SharePoint 2013 Service Pack 1 or higher, then you'll be all set.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:39 PM