none
how to set up sharepoint 2013 farms with two laptops each with 8 gb ram and i5 processor. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi , I want to install the SharePoint 2013 Farm.

1.)  I am a sharePoint developer with standalone installation  knowledge.

I have two laptops, I want to set  up a  SharePoint 2013 farm where one laptop  runs domain controller and runs sql server.

and another laptop runs SharePoint 2013. I have a dlink router .

1.) How to achieve this with respect to dns entries, setting up AD , Domain controller and adding my system to domain controller.

Please help me on this ...

Regards

Vinod

Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:39 PM

All replies

• First for installing SharePoint 2013 you need to have Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or higher OS installed on the laptops.

Then on the first laptop you need to install and configure AD DS role with DNS.

After this you need to install SQL Server on the Domain Controller

Once this is done then you can perform OS intstallation on the other laptop where you want SharePoint.

After OS installation you need to go to System Properties - Under Computer Name settings - Click on Change Settings - Change Machine name as per your need and there you specify the Domain name to add the machine in the domain - After successfull addition it will prompt to reboot the machine - Once rebooted the system will be in Domain.

After this you can perform SharePoint installation and configuration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.  

Please ensure that you mark a question as Answered once you receive a satisfactory response.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, I will try to follow the steps you have given. 

But last time I tried it I faced issues with the Dns set up. 

Still I will try and get back if i happen to face any issue.

Regards

Vinod

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:46 PM
  • Thanks for the response, I did exactly the same way as you said and it worked. 
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:28 AM