Getting error on Logon Script "insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a handful of XP SP3 workstations joined to a Win 2003 AD domain that throw host script errors (each user has a logon script) when mapping a printer "objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\MyPrinteServer\MyPrinter".  The error is: "insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" Code: 800705AA.

The rest of the script of course does not run.  It happens intermittently and cannot find anything.  I have been chasing this for a few weeks.  A reboot can fix it but after a while the user logs off then back on and the host script error appears.  Nothing in either the system or app logs.  Anyone have any info on this error?

Thanks!

FRWHS
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:57 PM

All replies

• Can you try to map the printer using a different method?

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\server\printer

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Windows 7, Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, Applications Infrastructure, Exchange 2007 ITIL V3 Certified
    • Proposed as answer by Ole Drews Jensen Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by TCFRWHS Monday, November 28, 2011 7:45 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:18 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I can and strangely, a reboot or even a logoff and logon and the script will execute without error.  I am still at a lost on why it is happening or how I can find out why.
    FRWHS
    • Edited by TCFRWHS Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:33 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Still haven't solved this.  Anyone have any ideas?  Once in a while we are still getting users log on and get the above error when adding a network printer.  A reboot usually resolves...  I am wondering if we put in a wait value of 20 seconds or so in the script if that will provide enough time for what ever is consuming resources to start.  Problem is that I cannot produce a consistent failure and never know when the next user logon wtill produce the host script error......................
    FRWHS
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:45 PM