How to create a Windows 7 styled label? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello. I'm new to the forums- and I wouldn't have created this account if I could find the answer here already, or elsewhere.

I'm using Visual Studio 10, and I'm writing in Visual Basic at the moment. My Operating System is Windows 7.

I'd like to create a label that changes color when the user's mouse hovers above it, and then let it change back after the mouse has left the label.

I'm currently using a LinkLabel, because of its ability to HoverUnderline, which is one element of the two. I tried to remedy the other by using the MouseHover event and MouseLeave, but I find that there's a delay with the MouseHover event, where you have to wait for several milliseconds which I personally don't find attractive. Having the color change instantaneously would appear much better, no matter how subtle. (I do believe the colours are HotTrack and Highlight? I don't know for sure, but they look quite close).

If there is a way to remove the delay- or another way of creating a label capable of HoverUnderlining and color alternating, then I'd be most grateful. I'm pretty sure there's a simple way to do it that I must be overlooking or something...

Many thanks in advance.

Michael.

• Edited by Michael.37 Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:43 PM
    • Changed type Juke Chou Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:38 AM
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For program’s issue I would like suggest you post the issue to MSDN forum.

Thank you for understanding.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 17, 2012 9:34 AM
  • Hi,

For program’s issue I would like suggest you post the issue to MSDN forum.

Thank you for understanding.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Whoops! Sorry about that. I've submitted to the MSDN Forum now, so feel free to delete this question!
    Monday, September 17, 2012 6:16 PM