Dial Tone Recovery 2013 Public Folders RRS feed

• Question

• We have a corrupt mailbox database and have started a dial tone recovery. We've rehomed all of the users and they can send and receive emails, however, how do we do this with the Public Folders?
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 5:16 AM

Answers

• Thanks. I've looked at this but don't see where it would allow us to create the hierarchy with out a database. It seems to depend on a recovery. Can the hierarchy and email addresses be "rehomed" like the email boxes are in dial tome recovery just to get mail flowing again.

So if you used the dial tone procedure, what you would do, is recover the mailbox database that the PF hierarchy is in to a recovery database just like a mailbox database recovery. Then you need to swap the databases and merge just like the mailbox dial tone requirement.

Your only option is to restore the mailbox database that contains the PF hierarchy mailbox from backup if the mailbox itself is damaged and not recoverable in any other way.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Edited by Andy DavidMVP Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Belinda Ma Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:43 AM
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:32 PM

All replies

• Please check this regarding recovery of PF in Exchange2013
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/10/28/recovering-public-folder-information-in-exchange-2013-part-2.aspx

Thanks, MAS
    Please mark as helpful if you find my comment helpful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Saturday, September 6, 2014 11:45 AM
  • Thanks. I've looked at this but don't see where it would allow us to create the hierarchy with out a database. It seems to depend on a recovery. Can the hierarchy and email addresses be "rehomed" like the email boxes are in dial tome recovery just to get mail flowing again.
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 2:51 PM

So if you used the dial tone procedure, what you would do, is recover the mailbox database that the PF hierarchy is in to a recovery database just like a mailbox database recovery. Then you need to swap the databases and merge just like the mailbox dial tone requirement.

Your only option is to restore the mailbox database that contains the PF hierarchy mailbox from backup if the mailbox itself is damaged and not recoverable in any other way.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Edited by Andy DavidMVP Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Belinda Ma Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:43 AM
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:32 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:20 AM