SCCM and Remote SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• My SCCM enviroment is working great. However, when I installed my SCCM server I followed this information to prepare my SQL Server:

• If installing the site database on a remote SQL Server computer, the logged on user and site server machine account require administrative rights to the remote SQL Server computer.
    • If the user account running Configuration Manager Setup does not have administrative rights on the remote SQL Server, you must assign the sysadmin SQL Server role to the user account in the SQL Server 2005 Management Studio console on the remote SQL Server computer.

I need sysadmin permission yet or I cant remove that permissions? What permissions need in my SQL Server Post Setup?

Regards

Monday, May 31, 2010 7:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• The computer account of the siteserver needs sysadmin permissions during and after installation. You user account only for setup purposes.
    Monday, May 31, 2010 8:07 PM
  • In addition, you can see this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693554.aspx

Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS Configuration Manager/Forefront (Time Zone : GMT+1)
    Monday, May 31, 2010 8:39 PM
  • Thanks Torsten!

But my sccm computer account is Local Admin in my SQL Server only , but after setup ran the computer account has secuirty admin permission.
    Where I can read SQL permission post setup.

Regards

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:19 PM