token activation RRS feed

• Question

• I am still trying to get my vista deployment to work smovely. I have gotten the post install down to around 15min, I dont think I can get it down better than that . anyway, our version of vista uses token activation and I have a card that it checks for. what settings do I need in sysprep where it doesn't clear the activation, its a real pain to go to each computer and put my card in and activate each one....especially after waiting 15minutes.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:37 PM Moved to more relevant forum category (From:Windows Vista Deployment and Imaging)
    Friday, January 21, 2011 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This artical has detailed instruction.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Hello sgtarky,

Token Activation uses the Smart Card to meet it's activation requirements, if a KMS host was present it could be used  and then you wouldn't need to use the Smart Card. 

Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This artical has detailed instruction.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Hello sgtarky,

Token Activation uses the Smart Card to meet it's activation requirements, if a KMS host was present it could be used  and then you wouldn't need to use the Smart Card. 

Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:15 PM