Windows 7 RTM Windows Media Player Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Every time i want click on a certain song in my playlist it just goes into editing the playlist. Why ? This never had happen to me until now. Any ideas ? Thanks guys .

--- Simran

Monday, October 19, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi simranwsingh,

After viewing the video you created, I think this Windows Media Player behavior you mentioned is by design. Below is the result on my Windows Media Player in Windows 7 RTM:

1.  Open Windows Media Player, click on a playlist, double click a song in the playlist:

2. After that, the playlist jumps to the right side of the window:

3. If you would like to display the playlist in the middle pane, simply click the Play tab on the right pane:

Thanks,
    Linda

• Marked as answer by simranwsingh Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:19 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Simran,

Could you please provide more detailed information about this issue? Is the issue that the song in the playlist will be edited after single clicking on it?

If the issue did not occur before, please try System Restore to restore the system to the date before the issue occurred first. However, if the issue persists, also try reload Windows Media Player by the steps below:

1. Open Control Panel/Programs and Features.

2. Click "Turn Windows features on or off" in the left pane.

3. Expand "Media Features", uncheck "Windows Media Player". Click "Yes" to continue, and click OK to quit. Then Restart.

Note: If you turn off WMP, Windows Media Center will be turned off either. You may need to re-configure settings for Windows Media Center after re-enabling it.

4. Open "Turn Windows features on or off" again. Turn on the features "Windows Media Player" and "Windows Media Center". Restart.

5. Launch Windows Media Player, initialize the program.

What is the result?

In addition, please capture some screenshots to clarify the current situation by the steps below:

Capture screenshot

============

1. Please reproduce this issue, and then press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

6. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the link.

Regards,

Linda

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:26 AM
  • In the Features WMP is already enabled, and I decided to record a video so I can show you exactly what is happening.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:02 PM
  • Here's the link it's a video and the file is not that big . tell me what you think
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:20 PM
  • Hi simranwsingh,

After viewing the video you created, I think this Windows Media Player behavior you mentioned is by design. Below is the result on my Windows Media Player in Windows 7 RTM:

1.  Open Windows Media Player, click on a playlist, double click a song in the playlist:

2. After that, the playlist jumps to the right side of the window:

3. If you would like to display the playlist in the middle pane, simply click the Play tab on the right pane:

Thanks,
    Linda

• Marked as answer by simranwsingh Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:19 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:28 AM
  • Thx well i'll have to try that later i just broke and cracked my arm bones i cant type really well lolz.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:20 AM