none
How do I change Resource Cost Center only and retain historical cost center data? RRS feed

• Question

• How would a Project Server Admin accommodate changes in the resource's cost center itself?

For example, Ken (timesheet submitter) records Feb time in cost center C1, but then transfers to a new team, which is in cost center C2 on Mar 1st.

When I change his cost center at the resource level, reporting indicates all of his previous C1 time as a resource under the C2 cost center, and all of his C1 time looks like it's incorrectly in C2.

I am thinking about adding custom resource fields to track these changes, but it seems like a lot of extra work, if something already exists that I can use.

Thanks,

Marty

Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:13 PM

All replies

• Marty,

AFAIK, there is no way to do this OOB as Resource Fields are not 'time-phased'.

A 'possible' alternative, like you mentioned, could be be to use custom fields to track, the change (like Effective Date, Old Cost Center), and then somehow write a query to consider the old cost center between the dates. I have not tried this personally, just a thought.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:07 PM