0xc000000f on brand new computer no old OS RRS feed

• Question

•  

I recently built my own computer this is the 3rd time doing but the first time i have used windows vista. There is nothing on the hard drive at all everything is brand new. I have setup my boot config to boot from cd then to hard drive. For some  strange reason i get the error 0xc000000f. I am not good with all the acronyms and computer lingo so if you could explain to me what i could possiibly do to fix this so i can get my new computer up and running it would be greatly appreciated.
    Saturday, January 5, 2008 11:37 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Rottweilers,

Thank you for the post.

First I would like to know the exact wording of the error message on the screen.

Currently, I suggest unplugging unnecessary hardware devices such as sound card, printer and network card before installing Windows Vista.

After that, please enter the BIOS configuration window and check if there is an option which will enable the BIOS to automatically detect all drives. If there is, please select this option and restart the computer to check the result.

Then please reformat the drive and reinstall Windows Vista.

The issue can also occur if Windows Vista is fully supported by the computer. Please let me know the brand and model of your computer.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2008 8:37 AM