My second monitor goes blank RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP pavillion t1000 with the Nvidia graphics card.  I recently installed Windows 7, and when I use my extended desktop my second screen will go blank if I leave the computer idle long enough for it to go into sleep mode.  The open windows are still on the second screen, I can grab them from over there and drag them to the primary screen, but I cannot find any way to make the display work, without restarting my computer.  I have tried disconnecting the monitor and reconnecting it, pushing the "source button" on the monitor (a dell), turning off the extended desk top and turning it back on, switching to clone mode, everything I can think of.  The only thing that works is restarting it.   a almost ready to switch back to Vista, even though I had the mouse problem with that.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What about use Win+P key to change the display between primary screen and second screen?

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:04 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

You haven't specified so apologies for asking. But what result do you get when you hist the hardware key to toggle the external display. This is normally done by holding Fn and pressing one of the function keys which has the appropriate screen icon displayed on it (normally F4).

Cathal

Cathal O'Brien BSc, PgDip, PhD . Techsmart | Laptop Repairs | PC Repair | IT Support
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:05 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What about use Win+P key to change the display between primary screen and second screen?

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:04 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

You haven't specified so apologies for asking. But what result do you get when you hist the hardware key to toggle the external display. This is normally done by holding Fn and pressing one of the function keys which has the appropriate screen icon displayed on it (normally F4).

Cathal

Cathal O'Brien BSc, PgDip, PhD . Techsmart | Laptop Repairs | PC Repair | IT Support
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:05 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:30 PM