none
Cannot install Germany language pack - Office 365 Pro Plus RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to install the Germany language pack of my Office 365 Pro Plus using the "Office Customization Tool", but I am not able to install it because somehow it displays an error to reboot the computer. I think that is caused by the "<Language ID="de-de"/>" that I put in the xml file.

Could you explain me how to install the Germany version as a secondary language on my Office?

Configuration>

<Add SourcePath="C:\O365ProPlus" OfficeClientEdition="32"  AllowCdnFallback="TRUE">
        <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
    		<PIDKEY Value="M PIDKEY" />
    		<Language ID="pt-pt"/>
    		<Language ID="de-de"/>
    		<ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
    		<ExcludeApp ID="InfoPath" />
    		<ExcludeApp ID="Lync" />
    		<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
    		<ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" />
    		<ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" />
    		<ExcludeApp ID="SharePointDesigner" />
        </Product>
    </Add>

<Updates Enabled="TRUE" UpdatePath="\\MyServer\" />
    <Display Level="FULL" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
    <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />

</Configuration>

This is the error I get after running the xml file. The same error occurs when I run the setup "setuplanguagepack.x86.de-de_"

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you mean when you try to deploy Office 365 via ODT, you cannot install language successfully? Or you have deployed Office 365 successfully but you want to install language pack individually?

If you get any error message about this problem provide screenshots here. And I also suggest you try to collect Office install log:

Office install/update can be trigged by user, but actual running account is system account. So, user temp folder(%temp%) and system temp folder(%windir%\temp) both contain the log files, log file name format is MachineName-yyyymmdd-tttt.log. Office ODT installation default log level is Medium.

If you change the log path in ODT configuration file like this, please still check %temp% and %windir%\temp folder. Because you will see other files too and it contains important information.

<Logging Level="Standard" Path="C:\temp\ODT_install_logs" />

We should enable verbose log for Office installation or update process.

reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide /v LogLevel /t REG_DWORD /d 3

reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide /v PipelineLogging /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Then check the %temp% and %windir%\temp folder, you will find following files:

officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe_c2rdll(yyyymmddtttt).log
    officec2rclient.exe_c2ruidll(yyyymmddtttt).log
    officeclicktorun.exe_c2ruidll(yyyymmddtttt).log
    osfinstaller.exe_c2rdll(yyyymmddtttt).log

And those files will show log level changed in the first line.

2018/11/07 11:31:18:910::[3904] Log level changed from: Standard to: Verbose

Then MachineName-yyyymmdd-tttt.log in the two folders will includes verbose level records.

You can send the log to our email address:

ibsofc@microsoft.com

Note: Please add the URL of the case in the email subject or body, please make sure that you have hidden your private information.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've already updated the post with the print screen error, if you please could check it I would appreciate it.

Have a great day,

Miguel Martins

Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Hi MiggsMartins,

Did you download Office to source path first and then setup it?

If no, please try to use /download command line to download Office to C:\O365ProPlus first.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/overview-of-the-office-2016-deployment-tool#download-the-installation-files-for-office-365-proplus

Then install Office and check the result.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:39 AM