UAG SP3 'Forefront UAG client components were not installed' Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed UAG SP3 and now when I try and access the site with Windows 8, I get the following message in the IE status bar:

Forefront UAG client components were not installed

And I am never prompted to install the ActiveX components.

I have added the URL to the 'Trusted Sites' list and still no dice.

Has anyone seen this and figured a way around it?

Thanks
    Tony

Monday, February 25, 2013 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hey 

Thanks for the post ,

Full support is provided only for Internet Explorer 10 in desktop mode. The modern UI version of Internet Explorer 10 does not provide support for browser add-ons. If a user accesses the Forefront UAG 2010 portal and the trunk is configured to install and launch the UAG client components, the user will receive a message indicating that the site requires add-ons which will require the desktop version of Internet Explorer 10.

Also install the KB Below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600100?wa=wsignin1.0

I'd be glad to answer any question

Monday, February 25, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Hi Shuki

Thanks for the reply.  I am definitely running IE 10 in Desktop mode.  I installed the KB you suggested, but there's no change to the behavior. The user is never prompted to install the add-on. 

Thanks
    Tony

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:20 PM
  • Hi Tony, did you ever find a way around this issue?
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:54 AM
  • No, I didn't. To resolve this I had to re image the servers and re install UAG and start over. I installed all service packs and updates and then reconfigured UAG. After that it worked fine.  I'm guessing something went wrong with the configuration during the upgrade from SP2 to SP3.
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Cheers for the reply...having a smilar issue from Win8 machines only since a recent upgrade to SP3 - trying to avoid the rebuild if I can help it but slowly coming round to that inevitability.
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 12:58 PM