none
*** SPAM REPORT *** Duplicate forum threads by jagabja mungche (action needed) RRS feed

• Question

• Urgent! Urgent!

This is an abuse report. I need extreme help taking care of this.

And has anyone even noticed this?

So, today, I opened the TechNet Forums on my browser, only to find a cluster of spam posts added by jagabja mungche (yes, his posts are mostly written in Korean and he should've used the Forums' ko-KR area, can't translate them). In fact, they all violate the Code of Conduct.

His spam posts' title usually contains an email address with an arrow pointing toward it (e.g., 【SEOUL9993 @ G메일.coΜ】). When they were first encountered, I began thinking: is this spam? Definitely. All because his posts are duplicates. If you look at his profile, you will find his posts manipulated into spam. That should be considered a pattern of abuse, and in fact, I think he should be warned, or even blocked.

I'm spending a lot of time reporting all of his posts, and it's becoming a big struggle. As a result, someone has to take care of the situation for me!

UPDATE: Found a sock puppet posting similar content. User? 5116ds. One of the sock's posts contains a URL which I'm not too aware it is a dangerous site. I'm reporting them as well.

*** Applicable only to TechNet Forums ***

Saturday, May 18, 2019 2:29 AM

Answers

• Should be gone shortly.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 18, 2019 2:46 AM

All replies

• Should be gone shortly.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 18, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Oh, thank you so much! Until the mods start cleaning up I'll continue to report similar posts.
    • Edited by DanPinGF Saturday, May 18, 2019 2:58 AM
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

Saturday, May 18, 2019 2:52 AM
  • GHAA!!!!! Found another sock (ابراهيم بسيوني - )!

If this vandal starts manipulating his posts, another round of spam it is!

UPDATE: And another one, xn7h6t68 - . I feel like this is becoming too chaotic for Forum members so I may suggest that the Forums be temporarily shut down for clean up.
    • Edited by DanPinGF Saturday, May 18, 2019 3:25 AM
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 3:16 AM
  • It's been over an hour since you promised this would be solved, and I've kept reporting too many spam posts on the Forums so I need help from those other moderators now, others things get very problematic!
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 3:40 AM
  • There's no need of further action on your part. The spam accounts will be banned and posts deleted shortly.

Saturday, May 18, 2019 3:45 AM
  • I see that the posts are getting deleted (whoo!) but most of them still remain intact on the front page (doesn't seem I've purged the cache on my browser). Luckily I still do receive an error message on those posts explaining that the post was deleted. Problem solved!

UPDATE: I strongly suggest that an announcement be written to advise Forum users to report inappropriate posts if their content requires attention.
    • Edited by DanPinGF Saturday, May 18, 2019 4:45 AM
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 4:12 AM
  • Glad to hear, yes the spam accounts have been banned.

Saturday, May 18, 2019 4:14 AM
  • Okay, I've written an aftermath of the situation. Because it was significant, I'm encouraging Forum members and other moderators to be aware about this massive spam incident and what to do when they encounter spam: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54ebbab5-f264-47b1-9167-38a293ebf027/aftermath-a-major-spam-breakout-and-advice-for-reporting?forum=whatforum
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Please, only report one post per spam user. The forum admins asked me to report just one post per spammer.

I have no idea how their process works, where they are, or when they are on duty. But apparently they get overwhelmed with reports, lose track, or maybe just flush a cache of reports. Or maybe they only deal with the reports at a few times a day. But if we report all posts, they seem LESS likely to ban the user. And we have no more posts to flag, so the spam remains.

When the forum admins ban a user, all of their activity is deleted in bulk at once.

I report one post per spammer. Then after at least on hour, if the spam remains I report another. Sometimes I need to post 3 or 4 (over the course of a day) before the user is banned. And deleting the spam just hides the evidence, as the forum admins won't bother looking for deleted posts.

If you are anxious, or have no more posts to report, email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com with link to the spammers profile.

Edit: A Wiki I published on the subject:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37227.how-to-handle-spam-in-the-forums.aspx

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:17 AM
  • OK, I got up late this morning. I just checked for spam. I see only 3 spammers, which is a small number for a Saturday. I generally see 10 to 20. But every spam post I open is deleted. I have never seen this. I don't know if you deleted it, or the forum admins messed up today. 

Note, what I call the "payload" of this spam (what the spammer wants us to see) is in the title, which remains. The body of the spam posts is generally just jibberish.

The only solution now is to email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, with a link to the profile. But now the profile shows no activity. You cannot even include links to the posts, as they will show up deleted. We may now be unable to get the admins to fix this.

Edit: This is a screen shot of all TechNet forums, filtered on posts with no reply. When I open any of these, the post is deleted. But I must emphasize, except for the posts being deleted, this NOT unusual. It happens every day.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:36 AM