none
MDT Network Card driver issue PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153ASUBSYS_06251028&REV_04 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I have a number of new machines that need to be re imaged so its suits the requirements of the organization. They are brand new and have set the pc to boot from network port. The computers in question are Dell OptiPlex 9030 AIO's quad core and 8 GB of RAM, 64 bit. On my server I have x86 and x64 images, they all work fine on the many different machines I have.

I have been trying to find a solution for a few days now and can’t seem to find it, either I am looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong.

Now below is what I have done so far.

I have downloaded the driver from dells website for the Intel device for x64 bit, I then added it the out of box drivers and deployed it, and it did not work.

I then downloaded the CAB files for the drivers for the whole machines, same error appears.

I know it’s asking for the network driver but the driver is in MDT.

I checked the INF file for the x64bit for the network driver and only the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153ASUBSYS_06251028 part is there but its missing the &REV_04.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong or not doing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Samee

Friday, July 25, 2014 7:52 PM

All replies

• Assumiing you are using SCCM for OS deployment, You will need to post in the following forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=configmanagerosd

Please also describe the core issue, are you getting an error when pxe booting ? if so, at what stage ? Post related log files etc

Hope that helps

Pranav

Monday, July 28, 2014 10:56 PM
  • Hi thanks for the reply.

when booting the machine i press F12 to enter the boot menu

i select Onboard NIC
    It then asks 'Press F12 for network boot service' which i did

it then leads me to the 'windows boot manager' which i can select an image from my server.

after i have selected the x64 image it says 'windows is loading files'.

after which it displays the windows 'welcome windows deployment' where i can select the 'Run deployment' OR 'exit to command prompt' and 'select location'.

if i select Location as UK and click run this is where i get the error

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153ASUBSYS_06251028&REV_04

if i just click 'exit to command prompt' and try 'IPCONFIG' no address or details load.

on another completely different machine where reimaging works if i do ipconfig i get an IP etc.

You have also asked for log files where can i get these from as i cant seem to find a location for it.

Thanks for your reply

Kind regards

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:21 AM