none
I would like to delete one attribute value of person object in metavese. RRS feed

• Question

• Because of address conflict in MIIS,

I would like to delete one attribute value of person object in metavese.

If I changed one of connectd data source object and it is highest flow precedence, it is reflected to MV ?

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:32 AM

Answers

• If you have indeed a attribute flow set for the specific attribute then it will be reflected to the MV. You can also use a drop file manipulate it and resume from drop file via the commit and preview option then you don't have to change a connected data source object.

Need realtime FIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new http://www.imsequencer.com that supports FIM 2010, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD or Powershell real time synchronization!

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:45 AM
  • I think what Paul was getting at was that in a run profile definition you can specify the import to drop to a file and stop at that point.  You can also define another run profile to pick up from a file (the same file) and continue the process from there.  The manual data manipulation would be done in between.

That seems like a lot of extra work for one object, though.  I would think that you could merely replace the value with something else in your highest-precedence source and that would overwrite it.  If you need it empty, you should be able to clear out the attribute from whichever data source it flows in from, and then run your import/sync on that MA.  That's a general view, without knowing the details of your environment.

Chris

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:48 PM

All replies

• If you have indeed a attribute flow set for the specific attribute then it will be reflected to the MV. You can also use a drop file manipulate it and resume from drop file via the commit and preview option then you don't have to change a connected data source object.

Need realtime FIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new http://www.imsequencer.com that supports FIM 2010, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD or Powershell real time synchronization!

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:45 AM
  • I think what Paul was getting at was that in a run profile definition you can specify the import to drop to a file and stop at that point.  You can also define another run profile to pick up from a file (the same file) and continue the process from there.  The manual data manipulation would be done in between.

That seems like a lot of extra work for one object, though.  I would think that you could merely replace the value with something else in your highest-precedence source and that would overwrite it.  If you need it empty, you should be able to clear out the attribute from whichever data source it flows in from, and then run your import/sync on that MA.  That's a general view, without knowing the details of your environment.

Chris

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:48 PM