locked
UAG and Sharepoint Publishing RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dears,

    We are using UAG 2010/SP1 as a publishing server for some of our applications. I have a problem with Sharepoint publishing as follow:

    1- I have  sharepoint Site A.mydomain.com, this site is published correctly and I can access it from outside as Https://a.mydomain.com .

    2- I have A second website b.Mydomain.com, it is also published correctly and I can access it from outside as https://b.mydomain.com . this site needs to be hidden in the user webpage and called only from inside the first site (https://a.mydomain.com ).

    3- The problem:

    application B should be called from within application A webpage, application A contains an ActivX control, this activeX is Text field that is pobulated from a dropdown menu. if you click on activX Control button it give you a list of services hosted on site B ( this part works fine), when you choose your service from the dropdown menu the text field is not populated, if I change one of these dropdown menu to point to Yahoo for example and I select it the text field get populated. and it works fine.

    Please advise what I am missing in the configuration and how to fix it.

    Best Regards

    Khaled

     

    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:50 AM

Answers

  • Hi Khaled,

    Your issue occurs in SharePoint however your application sounds custom.  Given the information provided, I dont believe anyone can give you any direction on how to troubleshoot this.   Consider posting more information please or open a case with Microsoft Custom Support Services.   If your a Celestix customer, we would be glad to look at your issue.

    The only suggestion I have is:  A)  Make sure the websites for BOTH URLs are in the trusted zones as it might be browser side security issue.   This is common when you have multiple frames trying to run scripts.  

    Thank you
    Dennis Lee

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:47 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 11:04 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

     

    Many Thanks for your response, I have opened a support case with Microsoft and we are working on the issue.

     

    Best Regards,

    Khaled Ismaeel

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:47 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:39 PM

All replies

  • Hi Khaled,

    Your issue occurs in SharePoint however your application sounds custom.  Given the information provided, I dont believe anyone can give you any direction on how to troubleshoot this.   Consider posting more information please or open a case with Microsoft Custom Support Services.   If your a Celestix customer, we would be glad to look at your issue.

    The only suggestion I have is:  A)  Make sure the websites for BOTH URLs are in the trusted zones as it might be browser side security issue.   This is common when you have multiple frames trying to run scripts.  

    Thank you
    Dennis Lee

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:47 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 11:04 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

     

    Many Thanks for your response, I have opened a support case with Microsoft and we are working on the issue.

     

    Best Regards,

    Khaled Ismaeel

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:47 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:39 PM