none
Confirmed (accept-reject) / Response Pending RRS feed

• Question

• Hey folks,

Interested in what you think or do about this...

The Help on the confirmed field states that "If all resources accept the task assignment, the Confirmed field is set to Yes."

https://support.office.com/en-ca/article/Confirmed-fields-dcd55787-82f2-4cd0-b6ba-b2b7c0ddf870?CorrelationId=36141bbb-abc5-4671-bef7-7a0ab56e7337&ui=en-US&rs=en-CA&ad=CA

I figure "reject" is done by selecting task and clicking the "Remove Task" button in the Ribbon (using PWA 2013).

Yet, there is no "accept" on the ribbon.  I notice that the Task and Timesheet views do not include the Confirmed field by default.  So is this the way we accept?  If so my question is, is it a good practice to include it?  Or, just add it if your processes calls for such a step?

Again, in the help it states:

Best Uses    Add the Confirmed field, along with the Response Pending field, to the sheet portion of the Task Usage or Resource Usage view to track the status of task assignments with resources.

Do you ever look at Response Pending?  I have gotten away without doing it up until now.  I would be interested in what you do/ think about this.

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Spiro,

As far as I can see, you can add the "confirmed [assignment]" field (confirmed field at assignment level) to the my work views (task and/or timesheet views) accessible from the "task" or "timesheet" links in the quick launch menu. Then the team member assigned to a given task canset the value to YES (NO is the default value).

That being said, I've never used this feature and haven't seen it implemented anywhere. I would say that it is a feature inherited from previous version (2002 I think) where the timesheet/task updates features where not there or not optimized. Currently I think it might be redundant with the timesheet/task update feature, or at least it might bring to much operations to do for the team members in addition to the timesheet.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:01 AM