none
Reporting( Sync Resources) Failed RRS feed

• Question

• when I save a user, the job failed and I got following message. Does this mean the reporting db is corrupted?
    • Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_MSP_EpmAssignment'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.MSP_EpmAssignment'. The statement has been terminated.. Details: id='24008' name='ReportingResourceChangeMessageFailed' uid='13941599-bc1d-44a5-a1e1-e3222cf88608' QueueMessageBody='Resource UID: '13932ad1-2586-4c22-86c3-53e3a7a8887f'. ChangeType='Alter'. ResourceChangeType='All'' Error='Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_MSP_EpmAssignment'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.MSP_EpmAssignment'. The statement has been terminated.'. 

Thank you for all your reples. I still having the same issue. Here is the simple steps to replicate the issue:

1. Team member A submitted a timesheet with a working administrative time
    2. The timesheet is automatically approved by the system
    3. Administrator goes to Manage User and select the team member A
    4. Uncheck User can be assigned as a resource and click Save.
    5. You will see the job failed in Manage Queue Jobs page.

Two workarounds I have found so far are – we are not using these workarounds because I do not fully understand the result of these changes yet:

1. Remove team member A’s all timesheet, resave team member A with User can be assigned as a resource checked, then recreate all timesheets for the user
    2. Change all Working Administrative Time Categories to Non Work. Resave team member A with User can be assigned as a resource checked, then change all categories back.

Anyone is aware of this issue from MS Project Server? I appreciate your help on this.

• Edited by Andy Hao Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:28 PM updates
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:33 PM

Answers

• The issue has been confirmed by Microsoft as a unexpected situation in the code. We have to remove all timesheets and recreate them to fix this issue.

Andy Hao

Saturday, October 6, 2012 7:17 PM

All replies

• It seems to me that the Reporting Database has one or more duplicate assignment records. Since you have the ResourceUID from the message, I would check all the assignments for that resource to see if there is anything glaring that you could find.

Another solution is to "rebuild" the reporting database. See the following link for the steps involved:

http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/forcerebuildofprojectserverreportingdatabase.aspx

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Is this issue related to specific user? If error is displayed for all the users then as Prasanna suggested reporting database could be corrupt.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

• Proposed as answer by AnthonyMoore Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:06 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by AnthonyMoore Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:06 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:48 AM
  • Hi Andy,

I had a very similar problem, and found that particular schedule had created duplicate resources when I went into the resource page.

Once removed the duplicates and republished the problem went away. I am still unsure what caused the problem to occur

Cheer

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:10 AM
  • Thank you for all your reples. I still having the same issue. I am able to replicate the issue and updated the questions 

Andy Hao

Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:35 PM
  • The issue has been confirmed by Microsoft as a unexpected situation in the code. We have to remove all timesheets and recreate them to fix this issue.

Andy Hao

Saturday, October 6, 2012 7:17 PM