none
DPM 2010 MMC crashes when browsing the recovery tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am using DPM 2010 to backup some physical servers and one SQL database.  When I go into the Recovery tab and browse the sql server, as soon as I click on the database from the "tree view" (left pane), MMC crash with event ID 999.  If I browse using the center pane, I can go a bit further and actually select the database, right click on it and use the available options, but if I try to select a recovery point from the drop down list, it crash.  I have applied the latest patches and this is a fresh install,  but with the DPM database from an old server.  I have tried the following: stop protection, remove protection group, run "dpmsync -reallocatereplica", no server or database name are  longer than 16 caracters and I have read almost all thread I could find, but still no luck.  The protected database resides on SQL 2008.

Suggestions anyone?

Many thanks in advance!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:41 PM

All replies

• Thank you DareDevil57.  I saw this post and effectively, my SQL server is listed 3 times, but I did remove the protection group completely as suggested with the same result.  I haven't gone as far as clean up the database myself :) 
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:01 PM
  • Its a pleasure blefebvr, when you planning on doing the cleanup? :-)
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:43 PM
  • Anyone from MS please help!
    Monday, December 10, 2012 1:32 PM
  • Bump...
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Hi,

Unfortunatly, 99% of console crashes are due to DPMDB sql table inconsistencies, and fixing the inconsistencies cannot be done in a forum.  Please open a support ticket and if the inconsistency was due to a DPM code defect you will not be charged.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:59 PM