• Question

•  

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a new laptop which contains the following:

Intel core 2 duo t7500 2.2Ghz

Nvidia 8600m graphics card

2GB DDR2 667 RAM (1x2GB)

Windows Vista Home premium 64-bit

Now i decided to upgrade my ram from 2GB - 4GB, i purchased another 2GB stick same brand and all, and after installing this in my 2nd and final memory slot turned on the laptop. The fan sounded as usual but then a blank,black screen appeared. Now ive tried KB929777 (64-bit version) but i get an error when trying to install it stating "The update does not apply to your system". This may be because KB929777 is included in SP1 which is included in home premium 64-bit version OR because i only have 2GB of ram installed when attempting to install the update but i am not certain. Does anyone have a solution ?? please and thankyou Smile

EvO

Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:31 AM

Answers

• hi everyone,

solved my issue. i needed to update the BIOS and because my BIOS is COMPAL it was impossible to find the updated version. I searched for a long time but in the end paid off Smile thanks to all

Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:34 PM

All replies

•  EvO9 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a new laptop which contains the following:

Intel core 2 duo t7500 2.2Ghz

Nvidia 8600m graphics card

2GB DDR2 667 RAM (1x2GB)

Windows Vista Home premium 64-bit

Now i decided to upgrade my ram from 2GB - 4GB, i purchased another 2GB stick same brand and all, and after installing this in my 2nd and final memory slot turned on the laptop. The fan sounded as usual but then a blank,black screen appeared. Now ive tried KB929777 (64-bit version) but i get an error when trying to install it stating "The update does not apply to your system". This may be because KB929777 is included in SP1 which is included in home premium 64-bit version OR because i only have 2GB of ram installed when attempting to install the update but i am not certain. Does anyone have a solution ?? please and thankyou

EvO

Sounds like you never made it to the OS loading screen...so maybe you didn't install the RAM module correctly.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:40 PM
  • hi everyone,

solved my issue. i needed to update the BIOS and because my BIOS is COMPAL it was impossible to find the updated version. I searched for a long time but in the end paid off Smile thanks to all

Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:34 PM