Photo Printing Wizard Does Not Launch RRS feed

• Question

• My operating system is "Windows XP Home." I have tried to print a multitude of photos using the "Photo Printing Wizard." When I click the link icon in the "Photo and Fax Viewer," I get the error code; The Parameter Is Incorrect. I have noticed that the icon displayed in the "Control Panel" folder has at some time changed and displays the name "Folder" rather than "Printers and Faxes." I have made every attempt to change it back, including removing and reinstalling my printer but to no avail. I can't remove the file or find the root of that folder in "windows." It seemed to me that the file path has changed because of a name change of this file in the path. However, I can still use an installed printer and other print software. Incidentally, when I reinstall any printer, I do see the appropriate printer in this folder in the "Control Panel" but it is still labeled "Folder" in the "Control panel." The shimgvw.dll file is registered correctly that I can tell. If I try to launch the "Photo and Printing Wizard" from the link at the left in the "Control Panel" itself, I just get an error beep but no error code. The wizard still does not launch. This wizard is a very important tool to use to print many selections at once. I haven't used it in a while, so, I don't know when it first changed. Any thoughts?, Anybody? Is there a separate install package for the photo wizard to reinstall from Microsoft?
    • Moved by Cleber Marques MSFT Wednesday, December 29, 2010 11:50 PM Compliance (From:Microsoft Operations Framework -- MOF 4.0)
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:55 PM

Answers