Junk Mail showing no Recipient in Message Logs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Trying to weed out as many spam/spoofing messages as I can on my on-premise Exch 2016 Server.  In the message logs I notice that I have a series of messages with an EventID of RECEIVE without any entry in the Recipient field - this then results in a series of four other 'Undeliverable' messages (DSN/AGENTINFO/SEND/DELIVER) from postmaster@ to administrator@ .  

I'm wondering if anyone knows how these messages get into my system without that entry?

Thanks

Peter

Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:07 PM

All replies

• please take a look of franky exchange reporter. The Script is simple and in english. It work very fine.

https://www.frankysweb.de/exchange-reporter-2013/

Chris

• Edited by -- Chris -- Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:21 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:20 PM
  • Hi Peter Marshall,

In fact, many spam messages are disguised as messages that have no sender. We don't how to create this type of mails, but if you want to block them, those suggestion below may be useful to you:

1. Enable Antispam agents on Mailbox servers.

2. Creating Edge server and enable connection filtering

3. Buy a credible spam filtering server.

By analyzing message headers, you may find sender's IP, then use it to block other junk mails.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 26, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi Peter Marshall,

Any update now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 2:02 AM